Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Product Review - Kokatat Tropos T3 Tempest Pants w/ Socks

Kokatat Tropos T3 Tempest Pants w/ Socks

I recently bought these paddle pants because I didn't want to have to put on my waders during the mild fall weather....but I didn't want to get wet either walking the shallows. In came the paddle pant. I did quite a bit of research on the pros and cons, and how it all works. There were a wide range of pricing. I do have a paddle jacket that I carry with me, now that I have the pants, but it hasn't been cold enough for that yet.  I originally chose the Kokatat brand because Outdoor Play had them on sale. I'm really glad I got these. Very comfy, and easy to maneuver in. They seem pretty tough, but I doubt i'll slide down the side of a dam with them. The only thing I didn't realize was the elastic belt that fastens around the waist is not, well, waterproof. lol. I was wade fishing and wanted to get just a weee bit further before I turned to get the yak.....nope, that was a cold surprise. From then on, I kept an eye on where that water level was at. Even with that halfway submerged, very little water got in. I will be wearing these more often until the weather gets cooler. So for me, two thumbs up!
Online Prices vary from $129-$200. Keep an eye out for clearance sales.

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment